Monday, April 27th
Live on Facebook
The Covid-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of the Indiana AIDS Fund’s Deborah J. Simon Spotlight 2020. Core to the Indiana AIDS Fund and its partner organization The Health Foundation of Greater Indianapolis is a commitment to the public health of all Hoosiers. The Indiana AIDS Fund respects and honors the active role canceling the event plays in slowing the spread of the virus.
Candidly, the decision to cancel Spotlight was simple for two reasons:
1. Securing best health outcomes for vulnerable populations is part of the Indiana AIDS Fund’s mission
2. There is a deep confidence in the people who create and enjoy the event to continue their support of the mission.
As Spotlight looked at innovative options to make up the $55,000 gap necessary to continue its mission to end HIV by 2030, there was a realization that performers who volunteer their time and talent for the event were facing dire financial situations as well.
On Monday, April 27, 2020, Spotlight will host a virtual Deborah J. Simon Spotlight day on the event’s Facebook page featuring videos that
• tell the story of why the mission to end HIV is vital to public health
• share why community leaders and corporations stood by their pledged commitments to the event even after the event was canceled
• go into the hearts of artists and performers who would have been part of the show to tell why they offer their time and talent
In addition to Spotlight asking our virtual audience to “buy a ticket” to the event to donate to HIV prevention in Indiana, we will use the space for performers to create a call to action to purchase a ticket to one of their shows later this year, preview their 2020-2021 season, buy their album, etc.
Can’t make it to the Facebook event but would still like to support our mission? Donate here!